Residency – You live in Brunswick County for at least one year. You must meet this requirement before you can apply
Need – Your housing is at least one of the following
Ability to Pay - You have an income which falls within Habitat's guidelines of at least 35% of the median family income for Brunswick County but not more than 65%. (See the table)
• You have not declared bankruptcy in the past two years.
• You can show that you pay your rent and/or other bills on
• You have no judgments against you (you must pay off
creditors before applying).
• You have a stable income that can be proven by pay stubs,
letter or tax return.
Habitat for Humanity is a Christian Housing Ministry building affordable homes with those who qualify. New homes are sold with an interest-free mortgage for the costs to build the home. Our partner families contribute their own energy – known as “sweat equity” – into the building of their own home and the homes of others. The payments include taxes
and insurance and average $400 per month for a three bedroom two bath home.
Willingness to Partner - You are willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity, completing 300 hours of sweat equity for a single person or 500 hours of sweat equity for a couple;
• You will first work on other families’ homes before building your
• You must attend financial counseling and/or homeowner
• You will participate in Habitat events
• You must complete the application steps
• You must provide all information in an honest and timely
You may be eligible to purchase a Habitat home if you meet our four requirements: