Residency – You have lived or worked in Brunswick County for at least one year. You must meet this requirement before you can apply
Need – Your housing is at least one of the following
Ability to Pay - You have an income which falls within Habitat's guidelines of at least 35% of the median family income for Brunswick County but not more than 65%.
• You have not declared bankruptcy in the past two years.
• You can show that you pay your rent and/or other bills on
• You have no judgments against you (you must pay off
creditors before applying).
• You have a stable income that can be proven by pay stubs,
letter or tax return.
Habitat for Humanity is a Christian Housing Ministry building affordable homes with those who qualify. New homes are sold with an interest-free mortgage for the term of 30 years. The mortgage is an escrowed account, meaning that taxes and insurance for the year are part of the monthly mortgage payment. Our partner families contribute their own energy known as “sweat equity" into the building of their own home and the homes of others.
Willingness to Partner - You are willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity, completing 300 hours of sweat equity for a single person or 500 hours of sweat equity for a couple;
• You will first work on other families’ homes before building your
• You must attend financial counseling and/or homeowner
• You will participate in Habitat events
• You must complete the application steps
• You must provide all information in an honest and timely
You may be eligible to purchase a Habitat home if you meet our four requirements: